Welcome Forums HomeSchoolPiano Coaching Jazzedge Group Coaching October 5, 2021 Reply To: Jazzedge Group Coaching October 5, 2021

• Michèle

October 8, 2021 at 10:50 am

Hi Everybody!

So nice to see you all last Tuesday!

Congratulations to Thomas, Mark, Olaf, DoDo, YuYu, Nithila and Kabilan for sharing your videos!

Hey! This time 3 adults and 4 children were brave enough to post videos!

Great job on Songs from a Secret Garden, Thomas! As the tune was new to me, I did some research and found that it became famous in Norway and South Korea!

Mark, I loved your version of Song For My Father as a preview of the 10th standard from the SBTD Course! I also liked Willie’s advice on how to master a complicated rhythm by practicing a simplified version first. Very useful!

Olaf, what a great comping over On Green Dolphin Street! So great to hear Willie improvising over the top of your playing! It tells how good are your comping skills! Kudos to you!

Then, we had the pleasure to hear Lulu’s two children, DoDo and YuYu! Bravo to both of you! Helpful tips on how fingering and posture are so important.

And finally, Nithila and Kabilan shared their good work! This was the opportunity to give another great tip: learning a sequence by breaking it down first!

Now, for those who have trouble in bringing two videos together in order to submit one link on the Registration form, I copy hereunder the answer Willie gave yesterday to Lulu on the HomeSchoolPiano Forum. It might be helpful for other PC users!

“You can use https://clideo.com/

This is a paid service, BUT you can use it for free…it just watermarks the video which is no big deal.

After you upload the 2 videos, you can then export the final video and upload that to youtube.

You can also use https://www.kapwing.com/ which has a free membership level and allows you to merge videos together.”

It’s time for me to practice again! I am currently doing my best to submit a video for next Coaching Session, on 19 October! It’s a tune I started a month ago… surprise!

Don’t forget, no Coaching next week!

See you the week after!

Tale care.

Michèle

JPC glossary / key

• RH – right hand
  • LH – left hand
  • HT – hands together
  • CM – contrary motion (to move in opposite directions)
  • Harmonically – to play as chords (all notes together at once)
  • Melodically – to play as a melody (single note) – arpeggiate
  • R7, R3, R37 – chord shells (Root-7th, Root-3rd, Root-3rd-7th respectively)
  • bpm – beats per minute. Refers to the metronome setting